Ways to Alleviate the Symptoms of Fatigue
Blame it on the time change. Blame it on the holiday stress. Blame it on the weather. Whatever the reason, you are tired. And not just tired like you need a good night’ sleep, but exhausted. It feels like you could sleep for years and still not be rested. Unfortunately, sleep may not cure what ails you.
Many people suffer from symptoms of fatigue or chronic fatigue, which include:
- Lack of energy
- Weariness or tiredness, particularly after exertion
- Lack of motivation
- Sleep difficulties or sleep that does not leave you refreshed
- Muscle pain
- Headaches of a new type or severity
Fatigue is a symptom of other conditions, some severe. There are several ways to alleviate the symptoms of fatigue, including:
- Regular Chiropractic Visits – keeping your spine aligned ensures good posture, less muscle tightness and soreness, and better sleep.
- Maintain a Good Diet – particularly this time of year the sweets make a big entrance. Keep balanced with lean proteins and vegetables. Even when it’s cold and you crave comfort food, a good vegetable soup will cure the craving and keep your diet on track.
- Avoid Late Naps – it’s tough, particularly when you feel so tired. However, napping late in the day will interrupt your sleep at night, keeping you on a vicious cycle.
- Get Some Exercise – exercise increases endorphins, relaxes you and helps your body unwind from long days. Even a nice session of good stretching will help you sleep better and feel less tired.
Fatigue is difficult to cope with and a symptom that should not be ignored. Our practice provides natural alternatives to help you alleviate symptoms of chronic fatigue and exhaustion. Our holistic healthcare approach will help you manage symptoms of fatigue while moving toward a healthier, more balanced lifestyle.
Don’t ignore fatigue. Give our office a call and let’s find ways to help you feel better.