The holidays are full of things to enjoy. From the festive decorations, buildings decked out in lights, a warm cup of hot chocolate by the fire to your favorite Christmas movie playing in the background, there is an abundance of joy. Or is there? Perhaps some expert chiropractic care is just what you need.
Truthfully, the holidays have turned into more of a lengthy to-do-list that is filled with unrealistic expectations and little sleep, resulting in more angst than joy. How does one stay calm amongst the holiday frenzy? To be honest, most people don’t know how and become overwhelmed with anxiety, and as a result, are unable to enjoy the happiest season of all.
While a little anxiety is expected and normal, it has the potential to manifest into a chronic issue. Holiday stress can cause headaches, back pain, tight muscles, irritability; all which can contribute to inflammation in the body, causing a vicious cycle. It is important to recognize what factors increase in anxiety during this time of year. Consider these tips on how chiropractic care can help you relax and reduce stress this holiday season.
- It ‘s the holidays, therefore we eat more sweets, sleep less, spend more money, which stresses our budgets, drink alcohol, travel, etc. All of these things can affect the functioning of our nervous system. Chiropractic adjustments help by increasing brain activity and bring balance back to the nervous system.
- Back pain, pinched nerves, inflammation, and bulging discs are contributory to anxiety. By keeping the spine aligned with chiropractic adjustments, you alleviate pain and anxiety simultaneously.
- Because of lack of exercise during this time of year, joints become stiffer, and nerves become irritated leading to organ and tissue malfunction. Work with your chiropractor to detect and correct misalignments and allow the body to function optimally.
- Chiropractic care keeps you healthy during the holiday season by strengthening the immune system.
- Chiropractic has long been successful helping individuals with migraines and headaches. Studies have shown chiropractic care is effective in reducing overall occurrence of headaches and in decreasing the need to use medication.
The holidays are about giving, but it is important to give back to yourself. Getting regular chiropractic treatments, therapeutic massage, or taking the time to eat healthy and exercise can all help reduce stress. Check with your chiropractor and get your spine healthy so you can keep calm and stay jolly during the holiday season!