Do you suffer from chronic pain, stiffness and soreness in your neck? Chronic neck pain has become a daily reality for many people, especially those who spend most of their day working at a computer under high stress. The risk is especially high for those who sit in poor posture, with the head in a flexed forward position. This month, we’re sharing some of the best neck stretches/exercises that we send home with our Chiropractic patients to support their adjustments. Take your next break at work or home and perform some of these stretches yourself. You’ll begin to see a difference with neck pain at the end of your workday!
The first neck stretch in our series is a Range of Motion stretch. It’s simple and can be done in 1 ½ minutes. Make sure to go as far as possible in each direction for a full stretch, but without pain.
Range of Motion Stretch
- Sit on a Chair with upright posture.
- Rotate head to the left as far as possible. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Rotate head to the right as far as possible. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Return to Neutral position.
- Laterally flex (bend) head to the left as far as possible. Hold 15 seconds.
- Laterally flex (bend) head to the right as far as possible. Hold 15 seconds.
- Return to neutral position.
- Bend head forward (flexion) as far as possible. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Bend head backward (extension) as far as possible. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Duration: 1 ½ minutes
At Van Family Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we are expertly trained to evaluate and treat the specific cause of your neck pain, leading to rapid recovery and lasting pain relief. We love to help with chronic pain and so much more, so make an appointment or refer a loved one today!